A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L
M N O
P Q R
S T U
V W X Y Z
- "Queen" - An interesting album that suffers from poor production. There are
signs of the whimsy that will become their trademark, but for the moment, call
them an early 70's hard rock band.
- "Queen II" - They refine their sound a little, even to the extent that they
feel the need to re-do Seven Seas of Rhye with lyrics. It becomes their first
- "Sheer Heart Attack" - Queen step out with sophisticated production, mixing
catchy rock numbers with classics like "Killer Queen". The vocal effects mark
them as different from other rock bands.
- "A Night At The Opera" - a repeat of the eclecticism of SHA, culminating in
the extraordinary "Bohemian Rhapsody".
- "Hotspace" - That clatter you heard was the wheels falling off.
- "Greatest Hits" - A shrewd marketing move, this album is a great starting
point for would-be Queen fans.
Someone said "let there be great, imaginative, compelling rock!". And
fortunately, there was.
Back to David's music page