This is a fan-created web site. It was originally created in 1995 by me, David
Gilliver (aka the pranksta), an Australian who is currently living and working
in Melbourne. All HTML has been handcoded by me using vi (sick huh?) with the
main logo and the page background images created by me using the Linux GIMP.
For more information about me, see my personal web site.
The bulk of my efforts on the web since 1995 have gone into
Lovetown, a site dedicated to the various
creative offerings of Australian singer/songwriter Stephen Cummings. Hence, my
HF pages sat in a fairly primitive state for most of that time. With the
release of "Born" the site saw a complete overhaul.
Like Lovetown, this site is built by the fans for newcomers and existing
fans. I know, it sounds a bit ambitious but I firmly believe that sites created
with extensive fan input are likely to be much more interesting than any
commercially created site.
In keeping with that philosophy, all contributors must be properly credited. So
far, many thanks must go to the following dead-set legends:
Throughout the site you will find my own comments on the worth of various albums
etc. I have found that many web sites simply assemble info without adding any
form of narrative. This makes it all seem a little alien to the newcomer, so my
site is an attempt to break away from that.
- Liam and Peter from HF for various information on what the band is
- Carsten Mueller for all sorts of assistance, from info about
"hard-to-find" releases to a wealth of accompanying pictures
- Nicki Schroeter for providing a frightening amount of information and
many of the scans you'll find here
- Alyse (and formerly Karen Krebser) for running the HF mailing list,
the source of various things on these pages.
- Patti Monaghen for the wonderful photo of Liam used on the front page
of the site
- Bea Good for a number of articles, reviews and info about live dates
- Ruth for assistance with lyrics
- John Jorgensen for pointing out info about upcoming gigs
- Ruud Hermans for information about release dates of "Born"
- Niall Dolan for some gig info
- Chiz for a number of lyrics
- Michelle Mellon for the big pile of HF articles and interviews from the
the late 80s and early 90s
- Jurek Paradowski for some scans and discography info
- Michelle Kelly for the cover scan of Live
- Dr John Kezac for one of the gig reports
- Michael Joey for figuring out some chords
- Karen Koski for information about 'Trading Secrets With The Moon'
- Jacques for info about Liam appearing on Carlos Nunez's "Mayo Longo"
- Moyra Harvey for some info about live shows
- Gen Ikegami for some scans of Japanese single releases and information
about live appearances
- Martin Fitzpatrick for information about the ALT bootleg
- Chris Camfield for the scan of the ALT bootleg
- Ingo Arntz for all the info about the "Long Journey Home" soundtrack,
other discography information, some info about live appearances and most
of the chords/tabs
- Jonathan Burns for info about concert dates
- Rob Currie for info about the "Bringing It All Back Home" compilation
- Carol Sebben for info about upcoming gigs
- Mary Ryan for some gig info
- Rahul for his assistance with various discography details
- Ralston Bowles for info about various live performances
- Anthony for the "I Can See Clearly Now" chords
- Steven Swenson for various scans of rare releases and associated
- Kirsten Snejstrup for the Strange Feeling lyrics
- Paul Streefkerk for info about various recordings the band have appeared
on plus gig info (including a review)
- Darren for lyrics transcriptions, info about various recordings and some
- Aly Mundinger for information about obscure Hothouse Flowers releases
- Annemarie Hall for advance warning of a live appearance
- Chris Dodd for helping identify all the different "Songs from the Rain"
singles releases and info about the "Waking Ned Devine" soundtrack
- Thomas McVey for various info about the offical live album
- Scott Neville for some lyrics and images
- Ken Fitzpatrick for scans and info about the Ghostland releases
- Kailin Yu for info about live shows
- Matt Barnett for some discography information
- Bo Nilsson for assistance with some lyrics information
- Brian Hetherington for various bits of US tour info
- Robert Morrill for his review and photos from the first HF show of '97
- Michael Barry for info about the bonus tracks on the Japanese version of
- Setsuko Yoshino for the lyrics to "Born" (as printed with the Japanese
version of the album) and for Japan tour dates
- Masaki Kurokawa for lyrics to some of the "Songs From The Rain" b-sides
and info about Liam appearing on a Midge Ure album.
- Carrie Douwsma for info about Liam appearing on a Rankin Family album
- Claire for providing the HF mailing list with some articles about the
release of Born, which I have included here
- Kirsty Waddington, for her assistance with the lyrics to The Seasons
- Andrew Zeagler for information about the guys playing on some Def
- Jon Ferris for all the information about the Altitude album
- Tony Bowden, the dedicated person who constructed the original version of
the HF discography, bits of which I have shamelessly used in my
- Fabrizio Montecchiesi for various stuff originally featured on his
now defunct Italian HF site
I welcome all contributions to this site with open arms, whether it be pictures,
lyrics, reviews (from magazines or your own pen), articles, chords or whatever.
While my opinions flavour this site, I don't have a problem with adding the
opinions of others besides mine. All contributions can be emailed to me at